A memory board is an excellent way to display your photos, ephemera and mementos. Unlike a picture frame or shadowbox, the collections can be layered, dismantled and augmented on whim. It can capture the here & now or the past & cherished. Some are used to tell a story others hold a secret. Mine allowed me to utilize a discarded and damaged antique frame and showcase what inspires me.
To create a memory board that is completely customized:
- Obtain a large empty frame.
- Clean, prime and paint – don’t forget the inside of the frame as it will be visible. Paint natural wooden clothespins to match or coordinate with frame.
- (optional step) add a decorative layer of glitter that highlights the frame’s embellishments
- On the reverse side of the frame using a staple gun to secure. Stretch heavy lace or trimming from one side to its opposite. Pull taut before stapling the lose end. Space accordingly.
- Hang and arrange your mementos
Enjoy the memories!